Tutorial: KYC/AML Protocol
Step 1: Personal Information
In order to get your account set up, you will need to provide your personal details. In this step we will capture your basic identity information such as name, address, nationality, etc of the contact / contracting person. Please fill in all the required fields.
Enter Your Personal Information
- If you are registering for an account, select the PERSON tab and fill out all the fields on the screen.
- NOTE: If you have multiple Countries of Residence and/or Citizenship’s, you are obliged to select all the ones that apply.
- NOTE: if you have auto-fill activated with your browser, this may conflict with entering the data correctly. It is best to switch the auto-fill functionality off in your browser settings.
- NOTE: for the copy of your Passport please upload a file in photo format (jpeg, jpg or png) with maximum 5 MB file size.
- NOTE: for the copies of your Proof of Address please upload a file in pdf or photo format (jpeg, jpg or png) with maximum 5 MB file size.
- Click on CONTINUE after you have entered and uploaded all required information.
- Check to confirm all data is correct before you SUBMIT it.
Step 2: Client Profile
In this step, you are asked to provide further information, for example about your current employment and the origin of your funds. Please fill in all required fields.
- You will receive an email from KYC Spider (email@example.com) with an invitation to answer a few questions via the Onboarding Assistant. This is an interactive chatbot. Please click the link in the email. The link is valid for 7 days, so please make sure to complete the process prior to its expiration.
- You will receive an SMS code on your mobile phone which you need to enter to validate that it is you.
- After you have entered the SMS code, the chatbot will start. Please answer all questions truthfully, completely and correctly.
Important notes regarding some of the questions you will be asked:
- NOTE: in case you need to stop the process mid-way because you do not have specific information at hand, or for any other reason, just close the window. When you are ready to continue, click the link from the original email again (make sure you open the link on the same device and with the same browser as you did the first time, otherwise this does not work). You will receive a new SMS code, and then you can continue answering questions from where you left off.
- NOTE: in case you need to change an answer of a previously answered question, click the icon with the little pen next to the question you need to change.
- NOTE: It is possible at any time to change the language of the chatbot to DE, EN or FR by clicking on the following symbol.
- NOTE: for common issues can may occur during the chatbot session, please check here.
- When you are done answering all questions, you have to double confirm that all information is correct and complete. The chatbot will confirm it has completed its job, and then you can exit the screen.
Step 3: Video Identification
In the following process, you will meet an agent from our identification partner (Intrum AG / IDnow). If the identification request does not take place within the opening hours of our partner, the identification must be paused, closed, and completed at a later point.
In this last step you are asked to have the following items available:
- An international passport or European ID
- A mobile device / desktop PC / laptop with an internet connection and a functioning camera
- Approximately 5 minutes of your time
Video Identification used by Idoneus is hosted by IDnow.
- You will receive an email from KYC Spider (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the invitation to participate in a video identification session. The link is valid for 7 days, so please make sure to complete the process prior to its expiration.
- After you click the link, you will be sent to the screen below.
- You can select to install a mobile app on your mobile phone, or complete the session via your laptop. The best results are usually achieved with the mobile phone because it has a better camera.
- To launch the video identification process on either your mobile or laptop, you need to keep your identity card (passport), mobile phone and the Ident ID (visible in the screen above, but blacked out) ready. You will be asked to confirm this data and receive a confirmation SMS.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and of the operator hosting the video call. You will be asked a few questions, and photos will be taken of you and your identity card.
- If you would like, you can first watch this instruction video of how to go through the video identification process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrPq3G29UY&t
- The whole process should not take more than 5 minutes.
- NOTE: Unfortunately not all 192 countries in the world are supported yet by IDnow. If you run into the issue of having a nationality of an unsupported country, please contact Support.
- NOTE: Unfortunately certain countries have restrictions in place for video calls. If you run into issues because of such a restriction, please contact Support.
- NOTE: for other common issues that may occur during the video ident session, please click here.
Step 4: Upload Documents (optional)
In case we require additional documents from you or your company, or if the ones you included in a previous step were not clear enough, we may ask you to upload these.
- You will receive an email from KYC Spider (email@example.com) with a link to a document upload page.
- Click the link to access the upload page.
- You will receive an SMS on your mobile phone, please enter it and click “verify“.
- Upload the requested document(s) and click “Upload“.
NOTE: Please upload all the requested documents in one session as the link is only valid for a one-time use.
Step 5: KYC Completion & Approval
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the KYC process.
You will receive a confirmation (or rejection) email from Idoneus with instructions regarding the next steps.