Tutorial: How to send IDON with Ledger Nano and MetaMask
To use MetaMask protected by Ledger Nano to send IDON to another wallet, there are a couple of steps to follow.
Prerequisites: before you start, please ensure the following is done:
Note: the following step-by-step tutorial is based on having MetaMask installed as a browser extension and Ledger Nano S connected on your desktop/laptop. The steps will be the same when using your mobile phone and/or Ledger Nano X, but the screens will look slightly different.
Step 1: Log in to MetaMask
- Open the MetaMask browser extension.
- Enter password.
Step 2: Connect your Ledger Nano
- Connect device to desktop.
- Enter pincode.
- Select the Ethereum App.
Step 3: Initiate the transaction in MetaMask
- In MetaMask, select the IDON asset.
- Click on “Send“.
- Enter the Wallet Address to which one you want to send IDON to.
- Enter the amount of IDON you want to send (see CAUTION below).
- Select Transaction Fee (the higher the fee, the faster the transaction). Typically “Average” is fine.
- Click “Next“
- Double check the info and then click “Confirm“
Step 4: Confirm the transaction on Ledger Nano
- Depending on your computer and the OS (operating system, like Windows or MacOS, etc) you are using, a window will open on your screen asking you to confirm the transaction on your Ledger Device. DO NOT CLOSE this window.
- On your Ledger device you will get the request to confirm the transaction. It will say: “Review Transaction“.
- Click through the screens on the Ledger device. It will show you the IDON token address (0x12c5E73Ddb44cD70225669B9F6f0d9DE5455Bc31), the max gas fees to be charged, etc.
- Once you arrive at the screen “Accept and Send“, and everything looked good, confirm the transaction by double clicking on the Ledger device.
Step 5: Wait for confirmation from the Ethereum Blockchain that the transaction was executed
- After successful completion of Step 4 above, the transaction will be sent to the Ethereum Blockchain to be processed (mined). Depending on the transaction speed you selected in Step 3, and the load on Ethereum, it may take a few seconds or several minutes to execute the transaction.
- Once the transaction was executed, MetaMask will send an onscreen notification. You can now see in MetaMask that your IDON balance was reduced.
- When you click “Activity” in MetaMask you can see the history of transactions, as well as the pending transactions.
- You can also check Etherscan for all your transactions.
If for some reason the steps outlined above do not reflect what you see on your screen, please check for the following common issues and solutions:
- On your Ledger device, check the Settings of the Ethereum App. Make sure Contract Data is set to “Allowed”.
- Make sure that MetaMask and Ledger are properly connected.
- Make sure you do not have Ledger Live running while using MetaMask. It is known to cause interference.
- Unplug the Ledger and restart your computer.
Try the transaction again after checking the above.
If this does not resolve your issues, try the following options:
- Disconnect the Ledger from your MetaMask account, and then reconnect it. Try the transaction again.
- In MetaMask, go to Settings, Advanced and click Reset Account. Try the transaction again.